1. I will not again plant more stuff than I can take care of.
2. I will take care of all the stuff I plant.
3. I will stick to my garden plan.
4. I will make a garden plan.
5. I will not order more seeds in January than I can sow in June.
6. I will win the annual battle with squash borers.
7. I will not buy any more flower plants on impulse.
8. I will faithfully keep my garden journal.
9. I will freeze, can, dry, pickle or otherwise preserve everything I can.
10. I will grow a little more than I need and donate the extra to hungry people.
If we keep only Number 10, we'll count the list worth making.
Have a happy new gardening year!
|Chinese praying mantis|
The praying mantis is a great gardening companion! Lurking among foliage, mantids lie in wait for insect prey. With luck (depending upon your point of view) grasshoppers or other garden pests will be on the menu. Learn to recognize the insects, beneficial and otherwise, that inhabit your garden.